We didn't get power in the warehouse until Tuesday afternoon (halfway through the week), the cabinets had been filled and the cabling done long before, so we waited. Fortunately, there were only a few issues and I got everything running smoothly late on Tuesday.
Wednesday, the building maintenance guys came around and told us that the breaker panel had been installed directly under the air conditioner unit, which has a tendancy to leak. So we lost power for another few hours while they moved it.
Next week I'll be going to a different warehouse to install different equipment. And apparently I'll have to wait for power yet again.
We finally got a hotel in Abu Dhabi, so we moved today. The new hotel room is very small, and I am only 3 floors above the patio bars. I hope they don't go too late. (although I had a few with dinner, so I shouldn't have any trouble falling asleep!)
I have stayed in several hotels around the world, and I have had lots of nice touches, such as flowers on the pillow and towel sculpture. But today I had a new first. They had placed flower petals in the toilet!!! I would have taken a picture, but I only discovered it once I really had to go, and I wasn't about to take a picture of peed on flower petals.
Tomorrow we are going to Dubai for the day. I have just tried to arrange a car for 4 of us with the concierge. We have been driving from Abu Dhabi to 3/4 of the way to Dubai all week, for about 150 AED (UAE dhirams). The Dubai taxis that picked us up from the hotel in the morning are about double the price, and one of them quoted us 500AED to book for a whole day (12 hours).
So when the concierge quoted 400AED for a taxi, I assumed that was at least round trip. He LAUGHED at me!! If you are going to rip people off, you don't have to be so rude about it!!
Enjoy my pics of a random building being built between Abu Dhabi and Dubai; a peacock at the old hotel, and my new room.
I'm sure you got it sorted out and enjoyed your day!
ReplyDelete