I was ready to come home at 6pm today. Nobody else was ready to leave, meaning I had no ride back into town. So it took until 6:30 to convince them to let me call a taxi. I waited another 70 minutes, and the taxi never showed -they had said it would be there in 20 minutes. Finally, everyone else was ready and the taxi arrived just as the van was leaving. Then the van driver decided to take the scenic route home, so it took over an hour. It was 9pm before I got back to the hotel.
I am having a dinner of M&Ms and bottled water for the second night in a row because it's too late to be wandering around looking for food.
So, as the title says, I still don't have power at my second warehouse. Yesterday, they brought in the equipment to connect my power, dropped it off and left again. It seems that there is enough going on at the first warehouse since I have set everything up there that nobody cares about the second warehouse. The PL is finding me things to do at the first warehouse while I wait for power at the second.
I desperately need a manicure. I have gel nails, which are about 4 weeks old now. I didn't get a chance to fix them before I left. And combined with the dirty working conditions at the warehouse, they are now a complete embarrassment. They are broken and are lifting with dirt underneath them. I phoned several places while I waited for my taxi, thinking I might get into town while the salons were still open (and could tell the taxi to take me directly there) but it turns out that the half a dozen or so nail places here only do 3-4 appointments per day. Apparently anyone who can afford the luxury of a manicure doesn't have a job!
I am supposed to go out with AT tomorrow night for a drink (end of the work week here) and I am feeling like I need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment