I wrote this on Sunday, but forgot to post it. Oops!
I had to work yesterday, Saturday, but when the vendor I was supposed to be working with didn't show up by noon, I left early. He came later in the day, but as of 7pm today, he's still not ready for me.
I went and checked out the Iranian souk here in AD, which once again did not merit any purchases. There are basically 2 main sections; household items (strainers, buckets and canisters) and plants. There was also one carpet shop, but I wasn't in the mood to bargain with them so I kept walking. The plants are cool, too bad none of them will grow in Calgary, and customs wouldn't let me try anyway.
Then I wandered the downtown area trying to get to the waterfront, but due to the construction, I couldn't find it. I then walked back part of the way I came Thursday night / Friday morning. Apparently, I hadn't noticed all the construction, broken sidewalks and 3 foot curbs. I am amazed I managed to get home, drunk, while wearing heels without killing myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment